A Digital 3 Legged Stool...Access, Knowledge, & Ability

Good morning BDPA family

It's your friendly neighborhood Digital Drummer again...smile

As some of you know, I've been around since the old egroup days. In these days of Twitter, FaceBook, and...GroupSite, I've converted to Microblogging.  Here is my post for today;

Is Twitter becoming the new Chocolate City??? 25% of all Twitter users are Black...Plus they are more educated and wealthier then the general Black population http://bit.ly/jsMCu7

I repost it here to emphasize the writers last point... What are we doing with it? (take special notice of...more educated and wealthier)

As Alfred Edmond jr. comments...Are we doing anything different, better or specific to our cultural identity as African Americans? Does more usage equal more effective usage? Is there, or should there be, a quantifiable ROI for black individuals, communities, businesses, based on our greater Twitter participation?

Now the link above from BlackWeb 2.0 is a year old...but according to the latest 2011 Pew Research (http://pewinternet.org/%20Reports/2011/Twitter-Update-2011.aspx ) The numbers have grown!!!

Any study, survey, or research you can find says...Black are the biggest users of consumer technology! How can we change the pyridine...from Consumers to Producers? As many of you know, I've spent the last two years building non-profit community Wi-Fi networks, but this is only part of the solution, and in my opinion only one leg of a three legged stool...Access, Knowledge, and Ability

So I'd like to start a discussion on how these numbers relate to the BDPA or our community as a whole... IMHO the BDPA needs to put more focus on Digital Literacy, Digital Vocation, and Netpreneurial training.

This Online Journal was brought to you by InterServe Networks. Feel Free To Forward To Your Network Of Online Friends

We Practice Responsible E-Commerce Marketing and Privacy Policies. We do not indulge in or encourage Spamming. We never send unsolicited emails. You are receiving this message as part of our opt-in subscriber mailing list or you are a member of an affiliated newsgroup.

For comments or suggestions please contact us at the following;

Jim Neusom (jneusom@yahoo.com)
Executive Director/Publisher
InterServe Networks/City Lights Software, Inc.
www.citylightssoftware.com
www.twitter.com/jimneusom
www.myspace.com/jimneusom
www.facebook.com/jimneusom
www.myspace.com/freshfaces2u
www.blackplanet.com/JimNeusom

To subscribe to our opt-in mailing list simply send an email to;
The_City_Lights_Reporter-subscribe@yahoogroups.com( on Myspace go to
http://blog.myspace.com/jimneusom)

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

BDPA Los Angeles